Warp Spawners are Quantum Lieutenants from Zelem's Nexus. Warp Spawners were some of the first Darkspore revealed on the original website. They are floating creatures that project energy projectiles that will teleport whatever they hit, along with damage.
The floating flowers of Zelem's Nexus were always dangerous creatures. Once genetically altered into warp spawners, they gained the capacity to hurl miniature wormholes, which teleport their targets unpredictably and thus protect spawners from harm.
Warp Spawners are some of the most aggravating enemies in the game, especially if the player relies heavily on melee. Spinning on their sides, they roll through the air in no particular direction. This unpredictability, combined with their teleporting projectiles, make it very difficult to get into melee range.
Naturally Shifted, Areas of Effect are mostly useless against them. This makes Titan the worst possible Hero to use against them. Seraph-XS and SRS-42 also have difficultly fighting these alien horrors.
All Tempests, apart from SRS-42, are naturally well equipped against Warp Spawners. With ranged attacks, and naturally high Resist, they can kill a Spawner with little effort. With high enough Resist, the Wormholes the shot will often have no effect. Alternatively, a Ravager like Viper, Blitz, or Vex can rush forward and deal impressive damage. Vex will take extra damage, but his teleport will freeze the Darkspore, rendering them vulnerable. Blitz can Ride the Lightning in, stunning them, and his Plasma Wreath can increase his Resist rating. Viper just kills enemies frightfully fast, and a application of Virulent Vines, running in to hit with his claws, ending with an Expunge can usually cripple if not outright kill. Another good thing about Ravagers is that they dodge projectiles much better than Tempests, making the projectiles nearly useless.
- Warp Spawners rotate on their equator, unlike any other Darkspore.
- Surprisingly, Warp Spawners were once thought to be Minions, simply bigger. The fact that they used ranged attacks made one of the Darkspore Community to create a sub-class of Minions called "Shooters".
- As their lore says, it would seem that Warp Spawners were once "floating flowers", a species of flora on Zelem's Nexus. The lore also stated that they were also dangerous before becoming Darkspore.
- Warp Spawners are just creatures composed of tentacles and a single mouth, these darkspore don't even look like they have eyes.
- On Apocalypse, Warp Spawners are called Singularity Spawners. They feature a single eye where on a regular Warp Spawner would be their mouth. Thus making Singularity Spawners appear mouthless and being the only Warp Spawner featuring eyes as well.
- Strangely, using Syndrome Shift right as you are teleported by a wormhole projectile will cause nearby Darkspore to randomly teleport. This is probably because the teleportation is considered a "debuff" as it randomly teleports the target to an undesirable location.