Toxiraptors are small Bio Minions, first encountered on Verdanth. They were featured in the Toxiraptor Template Challenge, in which they were called 'Emerald Toxiraptors', a reference to their green color.
Once tiny creatures with a mild, stinging bite, toxiraptors became tall, lightning-fast attackers that hunted in packs. At close range, they attack physically, using their wicked fangs and injecting a deadly nerve agent causing paralysis and death within minutes.
Sage, despite being a Bio hero is very good at killing off Toxiraptors using his Strangling Briars to weaken the approaching Toxiraptors making it easier to finish them off. If Toxiraptors manage to surround you use Andromeda's Repulsion Sphere to give you some space.
Before they attack, they will roar, so ranged and/or fast heroes will be allowed to attack them.
- Elites are able to assume the form of some of the Template Challenge Entries from Spore, though these "Special" Elites are fairly rare...
- ...though you may be lucky enough to fight two different Emerald Toxiraptors on the same level. Consider yourself lucky if you manage to survive such an encounter.
- They have Savage's head and Viper's feet.
- They were once called "Emerald Toxiraptors". However, no such name has been reported in the game.
- The detail items on their backs are the "Nurple" part from Spore.
- Raptor is robber in Latin.
- Conveniently, Toxiraptors seem to be based off of Velociraptors, a species of dinosaurs famed by their great speed and agility. The big difference between them and Toxiraptors is that the latter don't have any arms.