Suppression Mechanoids were hexapedal Cyber Lieutenants first found on the planet Infinity. They were very dangerous enemies and could be deadly if players were caught by surprise. Their Invasion variant was named Repression Mechanoid, and their Apocalypse variant Annihilation Mechanoid.
Mechanoids were infamous for their Suppressive auras, which would cause any hero in melee proximity to the Mechanoid to become suppressed, meaning that they could not switch heroes nor could they use any special abilities. If the player stepped out of the aura's range, they would revert back to normal. This was, however, harder than it seemed, as the Suppression Mechanoids had been known to chase down their victims.
A good hero to use was Skar. Once he activated his squad ability Shadow Cloak, he could approach the Mechanoid undetected, and then hit it with his unique ability Shadow Sting, which would cause it to take increased damage for a short time. In this short time, Skar should be able to finish off the Mechanoid and suffer minor or little damage.
Another good hero to use against Mechanoids was Char. His pet could attack by his side while Char himself caused the Mechanoid to ignite from a distance. Having Char's Gamma or Alpha variant was also very good, since their variant abilities (Webbed Lightning and Meteor Strike, respectively) could both to damage and stun at the same time.
But perhaps the best hero was SRS-42 Alpha, who could destroy missiles with his Flak Cannon, become immune to suppression with his Omni Shield, and could launch missiles from far away. However, be aware that SRS-42 and the Mechanoid were both Cyber-Type.
With appropriate timing, Andromeda could deflect the missile with Repulsion Sphere and the missile would home in to the Mechanoid instead.
- There was no entry for the Suppression Mechanoid on Darkspore.com.
- Suppression Mechanoid were considered by most Darkspore Players to be the most annoying NPC's in the game. The other "annoyances" were: Raytheoids, Shielded Grenadiers, Fragbot Mechs, Acid Shells, Electron Bursters, Decelerators and Laser Tanks.
- Their Onslaught Variant's "shoulder pads", were actually parts that form Goliath's "belt".
- Suppression Mechanoids were some of the asymmetric Darkspore.
- The Annihilation Mechanoid had a Spectre Gem (Revenant's Loot Weapon) on its chest and Goliath's shoulder plates.
- Suppression Mechanoids did not have any Foot parts.
- Their Onslaught Variant had Meditron's head.
- The same Variant had a "laser chestplate" similar to Goliath Alpha's.
- On higher difficulties, like Invasion, Suppression Mechanoids' rockets would stun you, while on Onslaught their rockets just inflicted a daze.
- The Mechanoids had a Compact Generator and a Sprint Pack on their backs, both of which are parts from Spore Galactic Adventures.
- Repression and Annihilation Mechanoids had their heads covered by masks.
- The Repression Mechanoids had the Corruptor's vest piece.