Ragetusks are relentless attackers. They've sworn vengeance on those who'd once butchered their kind for meat. Their multiple deadly exo-fangs, barbs and horns tear the flesh and shatter the bones of any who get in their way. When charging, they smash enemies skyward or impale them. If an enemy kills any of their minions, Ragetusks immediately avenge them.
They are unrelenting, almost never failing to land a hit with their charge. A well timed switch will disrupt them, though, and Vex's Chrono Blink can be used to jump behind them, and freeze them in time. Always focus on a Ragetusk when you can.
One possibility when fighting one is to use Meditron's Syndrome Shift to steal their Enrage. A good Charged Strike/Zetawatt Beam after that, and the Ragetusk should be killed, if not crippled, although the latter ability is less effective if the Ragetusk has a Shifted buff.
Another possibility is to use the Shooting Star variant ability. When they charge, simply fire a Shooting Star, and they are very likely to die before reaching the player.
- A Mini-boss Ragetusk can be encountered in the Boss-pit at the end of the Verdanth sector, 'Deathly Everglades'. His name is Roark: the Blood-fury, and he has the Surefooted and Surefooted Aura Buffs.
- On Invasion mode, Ragetusks are much more powerful and are known as Punishing Ragetusks. On the sector "Shrouded Marsh", there is a Mini-boss called Kuma the Berserker. It has the Surefooted, Surefooted Aura, and Shielded buffs.
- Ragetusks are obviously based on the well know aggressive behavior of wild boars.
- If a massive amount of enemies are killed around a Ragetusk, it can grow to be big enough to take up half of the screen, so if you see a horde, and there's a Ragetusk in it, kill it first, then deal with the rest (unless there's a Hypno Mantis to worry about).
- Ragetusks have Viper's head and Arborus' limbs and feet.
- Their charge is very similar to Savage's Wild Charge.