Laser Units were originally nonsentient devices, mere weapons of combat and tools of excavation. Following the Darkspore invasion of Infinity, the Corruptor mutated them to gain fearless predator instincts. Possessing the technological might of war machines, laser units are highly resistant to damage and uniquely destructive, firing piercing laser bolts at their targets.
StrategyLaser Units are nothing special. They have a brief animation prior to firing their beams, which will alert the player. High resist, and some fast, strong ranged attacks will deal with them quickly. Their lasers are piercing and if you're playing co-op, one of your teammates may get hit from the same beam that zapped you. The best tactics to employ is to use fast heroes, especially Ravagers , that can deal a ton of damage, and being able to strafe between the lasers.
One of the best heroes is Skar, because his passive will let him quickly kill them, since it's easy for any Ravager to get behind them. Wraith's sqaud ability Ghostform is also a great way to avoid getting hit by their laser attacks, for the lasers will pass right through you. Surprisingly, SRS-42 and Meditron are also good heroes to use, since they fire homing projectiles, so they can fire at the Laser Units and then run away.
- Laser Units are made almost exclusively out of Limb parts.
- They have the feet of SRS-42.
- Laser Units were first revealed in the first Dev Diary video, regarding Squads and Abilities.
- Most of the limbs the (Onslaught) Laser Units are from the Spore Bot Parts Pack.
- Their feet are too from the Spore Bot Parts Pack. The parts are called "Crushers".