Distracted mongrels dwell inside mobile interdimensional portals. Their skeletons exist inside our visible, four-dimensional universe, while their remaining organs dwell inside the necrocosmic universe.
With their ghastly appearance, mongrels terrify their victims from afar or near, and at close range inflict devastating physical damage on their foes. But they are strangely observant predators, evaluating the injury they cause after every few seconds before deciding whether to resume their assault.
StrategyAs they often became distracted in battle it was easy to pick them off. That was enough of a strategy for these enemies.
- They had an elongated version of Skar's head (like Zrin's Pain Hounds).
- Their name was a reference to both their canine appearance and distraction in battle.
- On Darkspore.com, they were titled 'Heedless Mongrels', but this name was used on the invasion variant of the Distracted Mongrel.
- The Distracted Mongrels had first been seen in a video from Help E-DNA featuring Tork's Toxic Spores and Sleeping Cloud.
- Their sounds of death were like sounds of a canine (dogs\wolves) or meerkats (African mongooses).
- Despite their lore, Distracted Mongrels never terrified heroes.