When the Darkspore invasion began, few stood against them with as much wrath and power as Char, the Blazing Inferno.
Char was the only hero who was never mentioned or even seen before the game was released. Instead, players discovered him during the Darkspore Beta Program.
- See Hero Strategy: Char For More Information.
Across the wastelands of Cryos, Char had spent his entire life as a destroyer, tracking criminals and then slaughtering his quarry.
But not even Char could catch everyone. Eventually, enough of his escaped foes banded together to trap him in an ice cage in Cryos' northern dead zone.
Char knew nothing of the Crogenitors and didn't care. All he knew was that a bizarre alien had granted him a healed and amplified body, and powers he never dreamed existed. With his newfound abilities to wield plasma energy and pyrokinetically attack anything he saw, Char incinerated any foe foolish enough not to flee.
And when the Darkspore invasion began, few stood against them with as much wrath and power as Char, the Blazing Inferno.
Causes the air to spontaneously combust at the target point, dealing X energy damage to a single enemy.Elemental Gaurdian (Plasma Shooter pet)
Spawns a pet with a ranged plasma attack that deals X energy damage. The pet lives for 5 minutes. While it is alive, this ability only costs X power and will enrage the pet, increasing it´s damage by 50% and giving it a damaging fire aura for 15 seconds.
Calls down a meteor at the targeted point. Any enemies within 3m of the impact take X physical damage and are stunned for 3 seconds.
Launches a wave of flames that starts out narrow but spreads to 16m wide, dealing X energy damage to each enemy it touches.
After concentrating for 1 second, 12 streams of lightning burst out in all directions, dealing X energy damage to enemies and shocking them for 3 seconds.
Launches a sphere of heated plasma that zaps nearby enemies with lightning for X energy damage. If the sphere hits a target, it will explode, dealing X energy damage to all enemies within 4m.
Causes the targeted area to erupt in flames, dealing X energy damage immediately and then 8 energy damage per second for 3 seconds. All enemies in the area have incoming healing reduced by 50%.
Volatile rocks swirl around Char. After building up for 10 seconds, they will explode once an enemy approaches, stunning all nearby enemies for 2 seconds and dealing X energy damage to each one.
- Char's body structure was very complex and confusing; his 5 legs twist underneath each other, and his 5th hind leg's foot is twisted to the right.
- Although Char's face appeared to be a long reptilian face with a snout in the concept art, in the actual game, Char's face was very flat. However, if looked at the right angle, his face looks just like the concept art. This means it's just a camera angle problem, similar to Maldri , as Maldri's concept art only showed half of his body, and his other 2 legs could'nt be seen because of it.
- There was a glitch that caused Char to spawn another pet, rather than enraging the one that is currently alive. This glitch is beneficial, but was fixed in a patch.
- Char was the last hero to be revealed.
- Char also was the only ranged Hero with a basic attack that instantly hit the target from any distance. As he attacked by making the air around his enemies combust, his basic is not effected by projectile speed, nor is it blocked by environmental objects.
- Char's passive ability could have been a reference to the earth's interior, which contains thousands of rocks floating on magma.
- Char's name and title were a reference to his Plasmagenetic powers.
- Like most of the heroes, Char was depicted with his Cashout weapon in the concept art.
- Char, as well as his pet, beared somehow a resemblance to three Darkspore enemies: Molten Crawler, Ray Killer, and Nova.
- Char's Elemental Gaurdian looked identical to Sage's Dendrone pet, except the Elemental Guardian has a different color.